Just to give you a vague idea of my different opinions throughout the book, I have compiled a collection of some of the messages I sent to Ashleigh...
- 2) Me: I just found the most beautiful line in the history of literature. "it's not a big thing, but I guess it's true- big things are often just small things that are noticed" Damn you Zusak.
Ash: Ugh I love it...I watched the Secret life of Walter Mitty...and there was a line like, "The most beautiful things don't demand attention" or something and I was like...wow...life changer. I'll find it for you in a second.
- Me: Okay. It just made me put down the book and I was like Damn! Then I grabbed a pen and wrote it down then I finished the chapter then messaged you about it. True story
Ash: Awwwww that's too cute.
I need to read that book...like asap.
Me: Definitely. Like friggen hell! Who gave him permission to be such a genius?! Why didn't he leave any for the rest of us?!
3) Me: Finished The Messanger. giiiiiiihryiogfhbuyg. I am so done. Screw you Zusak and your stupid ability to be perfect.
4) Me: Zusak is the kind of author that sends me into a book drought because I don't want to read anything after finishing his stuff because I know it won't compare.
5) Me: I don't think anyone can doubt how amazing we are. Okay. So I'm getting paid today and I know I need to save my money, but would it be a crime if I went out and bought every Markus Zusak book ever?
I don't think so.